Main Page - Current notices - Board - Contact Us - Membership
This Photo Gallery is a "sampler" giving the viewers to our website some visual references for the neighbourhood of Dunbar. By no means are these images definitive in their reflection of our community.
(Photo credits: All photos © Tom Grant unless otherwise noted.)
HISTORY ENVIRONS ORIGINAL DOMESTIC ARCHITECTURE CONTEMPORARY ARCHITECTURE
HISTORY
CVA photo
Convent of the Sacred Heart, West 29th Ave., Built 1912, Architect Charles G. Badgley
CVA photo
Sacred Heart Convent West 29th 1920s

Convent now St. George Junior School since 1978

St George School main entrance, 2004

Wilson Home c1910 - NW corner 5 acres bounded by Balaclava St, King Edward & 27th Aves

The original back of the house fronts onto 26th Avenue

More Info

Sketch of the Wilson House and site (Michael Kluckner)

Area Plan

Immaculate Conception School Church (Gordon Tait)
CVA photo
2002

2003
Lutheran Church 1945
(article)
Lord Byng High School 1924. Lord Byng laid the cornerstone. Temporary wooden building opened on Lord Kitchener’s grounds (see below) in September 1924, with the official opening on March 12, 1925.
Dunbar Heights United Church, built 1926 St. Philip's Anglican Church Lord Kitchener Elementary School (1914) is located on a 2.7–hectare site King Edward Blenheim St. The "frame building" (left) constructed in 1914 and the main building in 1924. Additions were added in 1922 and 1961.

"Garage" house.
Explanation

FrontMorrisette Farmhouse, 1912 details

Porch

Oldest house in Dunbar

Oldest house in Dunbar

Original small house in early Dunbar

Back

3350 West 28 Ave,
demolished June 2005

Last Log House in Vancouver shown in c1920. (Private collection)

Shown in 1996 on West 27th Avenue

1996

Log house demolished 1996


1996

Early occupant of the the log house Julie MacKay c1922 (Julie MacKay Photo © T.Grant)

Log house fireplace

1863, Henry Mole quit the Cariboo gold rush and pre-empted District Lot 314, between Blenheim St (Johnston Rd) and the Musqueam Indian village. In 1922, the farm was sold to the Point Grey Golf & Country Club. House was demolished in 1959. (Vancouver: the Way it Was. M. Kluckner)

McCleery farmhouse at 6750 MacDonald St as it looked in 1947. Build 1873. Demolished in 1950s to make way for the McCleery golf course. (Vancouver: the Way it Was. M. Kluckner)

Concrete paving on 21st Ave. near Dunbar in 1925. (Vancouver: the Way it Was. M. Kluckner)
ENVIRONS

Top


Dunbar St

Three buddies

Deering Park (W.Wells photo)

Memorial Park

Dunbar St

Southlands

Fraser River (W. Wells photo)

Balaclava Bark

Bus shelter

Grandpa

Dunbar St

Morning java

Autumn street

Dunbar Library

Deering Island slough

Morning chat

Meeting friends

Supermarket 41st Avenue

Supermarket Dunbar St

Camosun Bog & other recreational areas see here

Palms

Solitude
ORIGINAL DOMESTIC ARCHITECTURE

Top

     
CONTEMPORARY DOMESTIC ARCHITECTURE

Top

Top

DRA